If you’ve been checking out roofing companies in Fenton, you’re probably feeling a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices when it comes to materials. In addition to aesthetics and cost, you’ll want to consider lifetime durability, maintenance requirements, and even your home’s existing architecture. For those looking to get started, here’s a quick guide to five of the most popular options for modern Missouri homes.
- Asphalt Shingle: The most basic option, asphalt roofs are inexpensive, easy to install and repair, and come in a wide range of colors. These shingles are also fire resistant and work well with most types of homes. However, they require constant maintenance, and usually need to be replaced every 15 to 30 years.
- Wood Shingles and Shakes: Wood roofs offer a beautifully natural look that is perfect for those looking for a little rustic touch. As an extra bonus, wood provides good insulation, and shakes and shingles are relatively easy to repair and replace. However, they require vigilant sealing and staining in order to maintain a long life.
- Spanish Tile: There is no mistaking the classic elegance of this distinctive tile. While expensive, Spanish roofs can last up to 70 years, are noncombustible, and even provide extra insulation. However, they are expensive, heavy, and tricky to put together. If you go with this tile, make sure to research roofing companies in Fenton that specialize in installation.
- Slate Tile: Slate is another beautiful, natural material that suits a wide range of architectural styles. Fireproof, low maintenance, and long-lasting, it makes a good choice for those looking for something upscale yet low-key.
- Clay Tile: An attractive option that comes in many choices of color, clay resists wear and doesn’t need too much extra care to maintain. However, some colored tiles may tend to fade, and depending on the manufacturer, they can be quite expensive.
Whatever option you choose, keep in mind that expert installation is just as important as the right material. Make sure to research roofing companies in Fenton before getting started!