Metal roofs are becoming more and more common in both new construction and roof replacements. There are many advantages to choosing this material from our metal roofing experts. However, the material does have its drawbacks, and it is essential to be sure of the material you want to use for your roof. Below are the pros and cons of metal roofing.
- The life expectancy of a metal roof is 50-75 years or more. By comparison, standard asphalt shingle roofs only last 15-25 years.
- The metal surface can reflect heat, which lowers your air conditioning costs in warmer weather.
- Metal roofs are less prone to leaks than other materials, meaning you will worry less about water penetrating your home.
- This material is also able to withstand wind damage better than most others are, and are even fireproof!
- Metal roofs can be recycled when they reach the end of their life.
- This material can be loud during rain or hailstorms. If you are a light sleeper or are sensitive to noises, this may not be the choice for you.
- Metal roofs can fade and may stain over time.
- These roofs can fail at the seams if they are not properly installed.
- They are often more expensive than other options.
If you are interested in installing a metal roof on your home, contact the experts at EZ Home Solutions LLC today. You can reach our team at (314) 665-1860 to schedule a consultation for your roof installation or replacement.